In this lesson, you will learn how to install Latex on your system? Latex Installation is very simple and easy just like other software installation by clicking next and next until the last completion step. So, you do not need to worry about Latex installation. Follow the steps given below for installing Latex easily. Many editors are available, but it depends on your choice that which editor you may like and feel compatible to use one of them from these editors. Also, many online editors are available for typesetting your document online such as overleaf. First, you have to install MikTex on your computer. Then you need to install a Latex editor TexMaker or WinEdt for typesetting. Here, I will prefer to use WinEdt but, you can also use the TexMaker both have the same working environment but only the interface is a little bit different. You will also learn the installation of the Miktex editor.
Follow the following steps to setup Latex for typesetting the document.
- After downloading the MikTex from here. Then click to install the MikTex, the following window will appear. Check the box given before the terms and conditions acceptance and click on the next button.
- The next window will appear where you will see two options. Depend on your choice you can select one of them and go to the next step.
- Choose a directory where you want to install the MikTex. To change the directory click on the browse button.
- The next window will tell you about setting your page and package installation. Leave it default as given in the below figure.
- In the last window, you will see the start button. Click on it to start the MikTex installation.
- After clicking on the start button the following window will appear and MikTex will be set up in a few minutes.
- After completing the installation close the window as appear below
After Miktex installation you need to download the WinEdt editor from here.
- Click on the WinEdt.exe to start the installation of the WinEdt. The following window will appear and click on the next button.
- In the second step, accept the terms and conditions by putting the check sign in the box as given below.
- Click next in the third step as given.
- Select the type of installation. Two options are given admin and private installation. You may one of them depends on your choice.
- Choose the directory for the installation. Leave it default
- Click next in the sixth step.
- Check the first three boxes in this step as given and click on the install button for the installation.
- After completing the installation, the following window will appear for the setup finishing. Now enjoy your Latex and start typing.
Here you learned how to install Latex and complete Latex installation step by step using this tutorial. This clearly shows that the installation of the Latex is simple and easy.
Summary (How to install Latex)
- First Download MikTex
- After download MikTex, Install it
- Then Download the WinEdt
- And Setup WinEdt and finish the installation
Next Lesson: write first document
Last Updated on